Hybrid Rye for Biogas
- High DM Yields – 12 – 15 tonnes/ha
- Gas yields same as maize – 200 m3/t FW
- Extreme winter hardiness
- Effective tool against black-grass
- POLLENPLUS® for maximum pollen production
The UK’s leading Hybrid Rye, KWS Magnifico has set the benchmark in the UK for yield, agronomy and field performance. Best yields with KWS Magnifico are achieved through early drilling in late September and harvesting when the crop reaches ‘cheesy dough’ stage of 35 – 40% dry matter. This is typically around late June – early July.
KWS Magnifico has very good straw strength and thickness with good standing ability though a prudent PGR programme is advised. With a slight weakness to brown rust a robust fungicide programme is advisable to keep the variety disease free and retain green leaf area. KWS Magnifico has a strong tillering ability and will be very competitive against black-grass in the autumn and out shade it in the spring and summer through to harvest.
- KWS MAGNIFICO Datasheet [pdf | 0.34 MB] pdf Download