Hybrid Rye for Biogas
- NEW to the UK for 2014 drilling
- Very high DM Yields
- Gas yields same as maize – 200 m3/t FW
- Effective tool against black-grass
- POLLENPLUS® for maximum pollen production
- 100% Hybrid seed – no contamination of conventional rye
KWS Progas is a new variety for 2014, widely available and a step forward in biomass production for UK growers. A perfect combination of thick stems, plant density and yield. Best yields with KWS Progas are achieved through early drilling in late September and harvesting when the crop reaches ‘cheesy dough’ stage of 35 – 40% dry matter. This is typically around late June – early July.
KWS Progas has very good straw strength and thickness with good standing ability though a prudent PGR programme is advised. With good tolerance to powdery mildew KWS Progas does have a weakness to brown rust so a robust fungicide programme is advisable to keep the variety disease free and retain green leaf area. KWS Progas has a very strong tillering ability and will be competitive against black-grass in the autumn and spring through to harvest.
- KWS PROGAS Datasheet [pdf | 0.29 MB] pdf Download