Short, stiff AND incredible yields.
- High gross output conventional variety
- Widely grown – proven on farm for 3 years
- Vigorous autumn growth
- Short, stiff straw – low biomass
- Early maturing, easy to harvest
Having delivered some stunning on-farm performances last year, Chargers popularity should be no surprise. Even last season, one of the worst for stem canker, there were no reports of disease in the variety.
Watch out for its strong early growth habit as it directs all its energy into growth rather than excessive leaf production to create an erect and stiff plant from the word go. Then, after flowering, Charger produces thick walled pods, which help to provide a source for the seed resulting in really efficient pod fill so that nothing is wasted. The resultant canopy is compact, easing harvest - indeed, the only recommended oilseed rape that is shorter than Charger is a semi-dwarf.
- Charger Data sheet 2016 [pdf | 0.39 MB] pdf Download