Sow early – Harvest early
- Ideal for early drilling and very early to harvest
- Nothing is stiffer or shorter
- Quick and easy to combine
- Superb physical grain characteristics
- Ideally suited to very fertile sites
One of the most versatile feed wheats available, Grafton is a consistent performer and is the ideal partner for later maturing wheats. It remains the best variety for early drilling thanks to its slow speed of development . Its early maturity and easy combining, usually ensures a great start to harvest. Graftons early sown performance is supported by its combination of the Pch-1 Rendezvous gene for eyespot and exceptional specific weight.
Nothing is shorter and stiffer, so a chlormequat PGR programme is all that is needed. Being relatively shy tillering, best practice is to increase seed rates by 50 seeds sq m more than you’d normally use, but being such a short, stiff variety, this won’t compromise standing ability.
Data Source: AHDB Recommended List, Winter wheat 2016/17
- Grafton Data sheet 2016 [pdf | 0.16 MB] pdf Download