Follow the Leeder!
- The highest yielding UK recommended Group 4 soft
- Top yielding soft North, East and West
- Outstanding first wheat and great second wheat
- Suitable for distilling and uks exports
- Highest specific weight of any Group 4 soft
At 104% of controls, Leeds is the highest yielding nationally recommended soft wheat – 2% ahead of the control variety JB Diego.
It excels as a first wheat and on light soils and, while it is grown UK-wide, its yields are outstanding in the North.
Leeds is a fast developer and so best suits mid-September drilling onwards. Its vigorous growth means it can compete with blackgrass and later sowing.
Leeds’ 7 rating for yellow rust helps with disease diversification on the farm, but watch mildew, which will need controlling.
A 7 rating for Fusarium – one of the best on the UK RL –helps protect grain quality in a wet season and where maize is also grown.
- Leeds Data sheet 2016 [pdf | 0.14 MB] pdf Download