The Noble Variety
- Northern recommendation; very popular in Scotland
- Early drilling in harsher climates
- Very wide range of markets
- Excellent agronomics
- Very long grain-fill period
A Scottish favourite soft wheat variety, Viscount suits earlier drilling in harsher environments. Its bright, bold grain and one of the highest alcohol extraction levels mean it is preferred by the distillers.
With moderate winter dormancy, it has both good tillering ability and retention, backed by a reasonable disease resistance package.
In common with many other varieties Viscount is susceptible to the Solstice race of yellow rust, so this disease is a priority when selecting seed treatments and T0/T1 fungicides.
Data Source: AHDB Recommended List, Winter wheat 2016/17
- Viscount Data sheet 2016 [pdf | 0.08 MB] pdf Download