Energy Crops from KWS
Across Europe, KWS leads in the development of energy crops, and remains the only breeder with dedicated programmes, spanning energy maize, beet, and wholecrop cereals. Alongside this we offer supplementary crops such sunflowers.
Our work – and that of our business partners - has confirmed that the highest methane yields come from crops with a high dry matter yield potential.
To find more info, please download our newly released ‘Biogas in Practice’ brochure (below).
Energy Maize Varieties
|SEVERUS||170||Short Season / Late Drilling|
|KONTENDER||170||Short Season / Late Drilling|
|KOUGAR||170||Short Season / Late Drilling|
|COLISEE - New!||220||Energy|
|CAROLINIO - New!||260||Energy|
|PERINIO - New!||260||Energy|
Energy Crop Resources
- Hybrid Rye Results 2014 [pdf | 0.81 MB] pdf Download
- Energy Beet Variety Leaflet 2015 [pdf | 0.57 MB] pdf Download
- Energy Beet for Livestock [pdf | 3.54 MB] pdf Download
- Biogas in Practice Guide 2014 [pdf | 3.79 MB] pdf Download
- Crop Production Magazine - KWS Energy Maize Article (2010) [pdf | 0.52 MB] pdf Download
- Farmers Weekly - KWS Energy Beet (2010) [pdf | 2.26 MB] pdf Download
- CPM Energy Pioneers Supplement (2014) [pdf | 2.61 MB] pdf Download