Energy Crops from KWS
Across Europe, KWS leads in the development of energy crops, and remains the only breeder with dedicated programmes, spanning energy maize, beet, and wholecrop cereals.
Our work – and that of our business partners - has confirmed that the highest methane yields come from crops with a high dry matter yield potential.
To find more info, please download our newly released ‘Biogas in Practice’ brochure (below).
Energy Maize Varieties
|AUTENS KWS||170||Short Season/Late Drilling|
|SEVERUS||170||Short Season/Late Drilling|
|AURELIUS KWS||180||Short Season/Late Drilling|
Energy Crop Resources
- Cropping For Biogas 2015 [pdf | 2.34 MB] pdf Download
- Energybeet Variety Leaflet 2016 [pdf | 1.02 MB] pdf Download
- Crop Production Magazine - KWS Energy Maize Article (2010) [pdf | 0.52 MB] pdf Download
- Farmers Weekly - KWS Energy Beet (2010) [pdf | 2.26 MB] pdf Download
- CPM Energy Pioneers Supplement (2014) [pdf | 2.61 MB] pdf Download