- High gross output HEAR variety
- Outstanding oil and erucic acid content
- Excellent stem stiffness and resistance to lodging
- Early to flower and early to mature
With exceptional oil and very high erucic acid contents Palmedor produces a very strong erucic acid yield, significantly improving industrial output. As a hybrid, Palmedor is quick to establish and grow in the spring to make the most of field conditions. It is a medium height variety and has excellent stem stiffness and lodging resistance.
Palmedor has moderate ratings for both light leaf spot and stem canker and will suit the mainstream oilseed rape growing areas where both diseases are an issue.
With medium flowering and relatively early maturity, Palmedor has a long pod-fill period, with low early season risk of frost damage and an early harvest. Being agronomically robust, it is a variety you can push hard for high yields and at the same time reap the rewards of the HEAR market.
- Palmedor 2018 [pdf | 1.08 MB] pdf Download